While our search engine submission feature is fully automated and submits a sitemap to major search engines, we recommend authorizing your sitemap for best performance.
- Log in to your account at mcafeesecure.com. If you have multiple websites, select the desired site upon logging in or from the dropdown menu in the top navigation bar.
- Select Setup Wizard in the left navigation bar.
- Scroll down to the Authorize Sitemap section and copy the code.
- Access your site's code base.
- Open your robot.txt file. This should be in your website's root directory, e.g. example.com/robots.txt. If your website doesn't already have a robots.txt file, you can simply create one using a text editor.
- Paste the code into the robot.txt file.