While our search engine submission feature is fully automated and submits a sitemap to major search engines, we recommend authorizing your sitemap for best performance.
- Log into your account at mcafeesecure.com
- Select Sitemap in the top navigation bar.
- Click on “Authorized: No”
- Copy the code.
- Access your site's code base.
- Open your robot.txt file. This should be in your website's root directory, e.g. example.com/robots.txt. If your website doesn't already have a robots.txt file, you can simply create one using a text editor.
- Paste the code into the robot.txt file.
- Once the code is updated, go back to your account at mcafeesecure.com.
- Click the "Check If Installed" button in the "Authorized" menu to confirm that the code has been added.