Identity Protection can easily be added to your Shopify site, no code needed!
Get the updated version of the McAfee SECURE Certification App for Shopify
If you installed the McAfee SECURE Certification app for Shopify prior to April 1, 2016, please follow the instructions below:
- Log into your Shopify admin portal
- On the side navbar, go to Apps → Installed. Click on the "..." symbol on the McAfee SECURE app and select "Remove this app"
- Then go to the Shopify App Store and reinstall the McAfee SECURE Certification app
- Click "Get" then "Install App" and you're all set!
Enable Identity Protection in your account for the McAfee SECURE service
- Log in to your account at mcafeesecure.com. If you have multiple websites, select the desired site upon logging in or from the dropdown menu in the top navigation bar.
- Select Setup Wizard in the left navigation bar.
- Under Confirmation Page Code, make sure you select either the Modal or Slide Up in the Identity Protection Opt In section.
- You won’t need to add the code to your site as this is done automatically through Shopify.
- Finally, you’ll also want to add our ID Protection trustmark. Just look for the Identity Protection Trustmark section in the Setup Wizard to get the code for this trustmark.
- Add the code to strategic areas where your customers may have security concerns like credit card forms and product pages.
ID Protection is now active and your customers will be able to sign up for the service after completing their purchase.