Identity Protection can easily be added to your Shopify site, no code needed!
Get the updated version of the McAfee SECURE Certification App for Shopify
If you installed the McAfee SECURE Certification app for Shopify prior to April 1, 2016, please follow the instructions below:
- Log into your Shopify admin portal
- On the side navbar, go to Apps → Installed. Click on the "..." symbol on the McAfee SECURE app and select "Remove this app"
- Then go to the Shopify App Store and reinstall the McAfee SECURE Certification app
- Click "Get" then "Install App" and you're all set!
Enable Identity Protection in your account for the McAfee SECURE service
- Log into your account at mcafeesecure.com
- Click on ID Protection in the top navigation bar
- Turn on Identity Protection by sliding the button near the top of the screen to the right.
- Copy the code from the trustmark section.
- Add the code to strategic areas where your customers may have security concerns like credit card forms and product pages
ID Protection is now active and your customers will receive emails that they are protected. The email goes out only to customers who are eligible for the service which currently excludes anyone with an address outside of the United States.